The goal of App-O'-Lanterns is to help promote and highlight independent developers of games and educational application. We are relying on these same independent developers to help contribute to App-O'-Lanterns through prize sponsorships.
Prize SponsorshipIn exchange for promotional codes to be offered as prizes, you will be:
- Listed as a sponsor on the App-O'-Lanterns site with your app icon and a link to the App Store
- Put in a rotation for the large graphic "App-O'-Feature" section prominently displayed on the App-O'-Lantern site. The graphics will be put in a loop, so that each pageview will see a different graphic and the number of pageviews will be distributed equally amongst the sponsors.
How Many Visitors Do You Expect?Other than my immediate friends and family...I don't know.
However, we have a fantastic panel of judges who are helping to promote the site. This includes Lorraine Lorraine Akemann (MomsWithApps), Duck Duck Moose Design, Erica Sadun (The Unofficial Apple Weblog and iPhone Developer's Cookbook) and Gavin Bowman (RETROdreamer). We are also fortunate to have Dan Donahoo, a writer for Wired's GeekDad, who, in addition to being a judge, will feature the contest in GeekDad. GeekDad was voted one of 25 "Best Blogs of 2010" by Time magazine.
We also designed the contest to have a broad social networking reach, by tying the main "Best in Row" prize (an AppleTV) to Twitter Tweets and Facebook Shares.
To Become A Prize SponsorIf you would like to become a prize sponsor, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- iTunes link to you app
- 57x57 App Icon
- 5 promo codes for one of your apps (promo codes for additional apps are welcome). Don't send promo codes now. I will contact you towards the end of the month to collect them.
- Link to your company website
- Optional: 300x200 advertisement graphic. If you don't submit one, then you will be listed as a sponsor, but not included in the featured app rotation.
- Optional: Submit a pumpkin to the contest!
The contest begins start Oct. 1, 2010, so please let us know as soon as possible so you can be on the site for the initial launch and the media coverage.
How Else Can I Help?
- "Like" App-O'-Lanterns on Facebook
- Follow @AppOLanterns and BabyBinks on Twitter to keep up with the contest
- Download Apps from our sponsors