App-O'-Lanterns is a contest hosted by BabyBinks celebrating the creativity of mobile application developers and users. Put down your iPad, pick up a knife and carve a homage to your favorite App.
Contest RulesCarve a pumpkin inspired by an mobile application, take a picture of it and send an email to AppOLanterns@babybinks.com with the following information:
- A picture of your App-O'-Lantern
- Your full name
- Email address where we can contact you if you win
- The name of the application and developer you are honoring
- Category for your submission
- Fan Submission: You are an over zealous fan of the application and want to show off your artistic and creative skills.
- Developer Submission: You are the developer or employee of the company for the application featured on your App-O'-Lantern.
- Kids Submission: You are under the age of 13. Sorry teenagers, you've been coddled enough with all the modern amenities of the internet and Ginzu knifes. You are going to have to compete with the big boys and girls on this one.
- Optional: The App-O'-Lanterns' backstory. Create an amusing backstory to complete your App-O'-Lantern's history (example). Is he a good pumpkin gone bad? An undercover spy? The one responsible for the theft of the iPhone 4?
All submissions must be received by 11:59pm (CST) Wednesday October 27, 2010. The winners will be announced Friday, October 29, 2010.
The Winners & Prizes
The winning pumpkin in each category will be judged by a panel of application developer and Internet celebrities. In addition, two winners will be announced for the prestigious "Best Backstory" and "Best in Row" award.
Here are prize highlights for each category:
- Kids Submission: Promo codes from App-O'-Lantern sponsors and playground braggin' rights.
- Fan Submission: Promo codes from our sponsors.
- Developer Submission: 100,000 ad impression on BabyBinks' baby naming application Stork Drop
- Best Backstory: Nurture your inner author with a promo code for Story Tracker
- Best in Row will be awarded to the App-O'-Lantern with the most Tweets and Facebook shares. The winning formula is simple and requires little to no knowledge of calculus: Tweets + FB Shares = AppleTV Who cares that it doesn't have a hard drive or doesn't run apps (yet), it's free (if you've got the carving skills).*